The law demands that businesses respond appropriately to diversity in the workplace. This course will help you treat all your staff equally, regardless of their age, gender, sexuality or race.
This standalone module can also contribute towards a City and Guilds accredited people Manager package.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the difference between equality and diversity
- Define various types of discrimination
- Describe the impact of the Equality Act 2010
- Identify ways in which employers can discriminate
- Describe the variety of ways to discriminate
- Consider issues that will impact on equal pay
- Appreciate the value of policy
- Choose from a range of options for resolving disputes
This course covers:
- Welcome and learning objectives
- The law
- Equal pay
- Responsibility for others
- Resolving dispute
Approximately 1–2 hours. This online self-paced learning can be completed at a speed that is convenient for you.
If you are a manager who values equality and diversity and have responsibility for complying with the Equality Act 2010 then this course is for you.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines. This module can be completed as a standalone course or contribute towards a City and Guilds Accredited People Manager package.
When you have successfully completed your course online, you will be able to download your certificate.