This Level 1 training covers the basic essentials of protecting children from abuse or neglect. It’s a suitable introductory course for anyone who comes into contact with children in their line of work or as a volunteer.
After completing the course learners should:
- Have a better understanding of the types of abuse and neglect a child might suffer
- Be able to identify the signs of neglect
- Know what to say when an adult or child discloses an instance of abuse
- Be able to choose the correct course of action when a child is being neglected
- Know how to keep reliable records
Please note that this training deals with a potentially disturbing subject-matter and images used may be of a graphic nature.
This online training is structured to include:
- Introduction to safeguarding children and child protection
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- What to do if you suspect abuse or neglect
Approximately 45 minutes. However, this self-study training can be completed at your convenience and your progress will be recorded throughout.
This training is designed for anyone who comes into contact with children in their line of work or as a volunteer.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
This course content has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Once you have successfully completed your course you can download and print your Virtual College certificate.